Monday, July 21, 2008

Mathematic Love Poem

I just watched the movie "Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay" is kinda lame comedy show but this math poet catch my attention.

Here it goes ...

"I fear that i will always be a lonely number like root three, a three is all that's good and right. Why must me three keep out of sight beaneath a vicious square-root sign?

I wish instead i were a nine, for nine could thwart this evil trick with just some quick arithmetic. I know i'll never see the sun as 1.7321.

Such is my reality a sad irrationality. When, hark, just what is this i see? Another square root of three has quietly come waltzing by.

Together now we multiply to form a number we prefer, rejoicing as an integer. We break free from our mortal bonds and with a wave of magic wands, our square-roots signs become unglued and love for me has been renewed."

1 comment:

sze said...

Heyhey! Sze-Lyn here! Though I prefer the first one, I enjoyed the second one for its political messages :) And yes the poem is oh-so-romantic :)

Nice blog you have here! Link me up at picnicbasket.blogsome.com!